Spots & Spill tips for Area & Oriental Rugs:
- Clean up spills before the set by first soaking up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent cloth.
- Spot clean with our Green carpet cleaning spotting solution, or plain water. Take care to not over saturate
- Blot again till moisture is absorbed
- If spot is persistent call us and we'll remove it professionally
Mountain Pride is proud to have certified area rug cleaners. We can care for the finest to the most basic of area rugs and can provide pick up & delivery service.
Area rugs & oriental rugs require a specialty cleaning. The type of material is always determined first and a pre-spot test done to determine the best method of cleaning. All area rugs are pre-vacuumed and then cleaned with a specialty rug cleaning technique. Extra care goes into cleaning the fringe.
All area rugs are then dried flat on an area rug platform; this reduces the risk of unnatural shrinkage. Our final step is to groom the rug with combs made for specialty rugs. In some cases we can clean an area rug at your location instead of our warehouse.
Caring for Your Area & Oriental Rugs
- A quality rug pad used under your rug will help to reduce wear & keep it from slipping.
- Rotating your rugs will ensure even wear and help to eliminate uneven sun damage in some areas. Depending on the traffic your rugs receive, you may want to rotate them every 6 months to 1 year.
- Oriental & area rugs, like most carpeting, need to be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dry soil.